ApkOnline is a free Google Chrome extension that works as an online android emulator. It allows any user to run an application APK and to simulate features like device rotation, some hardware sensors, and phone buttons, all of that only by using the web browser. Among the different existing user interface configurations, this extension runs a tablet on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
You just need to have Chrome installed for testing it out and nothing else.
1. Install the extension
Click here to add the extension from the Chrome Web Store.
2. Run the extension
Click on the Emulator Android Online in the extension tab to execute it.
It will open a new tab. Click on “Start” and wait for the countdown to finish.
Once it is ready, click on “Enter”.
3. It’s time to play
Now that the emulator initialized the application, we are ready to play around and test the features of the ApkOnline.
The idea of the emulator is good but the implementation not so much as we can notice in the main points detailed below.
- It is an easy and fast way to emulate an Android device on your web browser in a matter of seconds.
- It allows you to use Google built-in apps such as Gmail and Maps.
- It allows you to download apps from the Play Store.
- Its virtual geolocation system works well.
- It has a short active window time. If you perform no action during more than 60 seconds, the session expires and you lose everything you were working on because there is no way to save progress.
- It does not work well with slow internet, errors may occur.
- Its performance is below average for video editing and graphically demanding games.
- It crashes quite often which makes it an unreliable tool.
- Its page has too many ads that can easily disrupt your focus.
- There is no mention of security or privacy policies regarding the data you may share during the usage.
That said, ApkOnline is not recommended for everyone or for heavy use cases because it is not a robust tool. However, depending on your needs, it may fit for you.
If you try it out, feel free to share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.